Through advocacy, education, integrity and the highest standards, TCEP champions your profession in an era of rapid change. Join TCEP today for a stronger voice in the advancement of emergency medicine.
There’s never been a more challenging time to be a emergency physician. Your Texas College of Emergency Physicians (TCEP) membership gives you piece of mind knowing an organization representing more than 2,100 emergency physicians is looking out for you and your best interests. TCEP is your advocate in a changing health care climate.
TCEP’s membership represents emergency physicians from a wide variety of settings, including large and small practices, from academic centers and urban and rural areas. Our diverse membership works together for the common goal of furthering emergency medicine in Texas.
WHAT DO YOUR TCEP CHAPTER DUES FUND?
5% Volunteer Committees
- Free Standing Emergency Department
- Government Relations
- Medical Education
- Medical Student, Membership
- Practice Enhancement
- Resident and Fellow Committee
35% Professional Environment and Staff Support
- TCEP staff available to serve you
- Expertise and leadership to advocate for emergency medicine and better practice environments
- Austin chapter office is owned by TCEP with no financial debt, creating additional member equity.
- One united voice to advance emergency care and represent the interests of our members in state legislative and regulatory affairs.
- Representation with legislative and regulatory leaders to develop and enact laws that support emergency physicians and their patients including:
- Protecting 2003 tort reform accomplishments
- Balance billing and fair payment issues
- Treating psychiatric patients in emergency care settings
- Increasing trauma care funding across Texas
- Maintaining funding for Medicaid in Texas
- Regulating free-standing emergency departments
35% Member Education
- Physicians and their staff can access outstanding educational opportunities:
- TCEP Connect 2016
- Simulation Lab Training Courses,
- Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Training for emergency NPs and PAs.
- Joint sponsorship opportunities to provide CME credit through ACEP.